Welcome to our Chambre d’Hôte
One of the two barns, on the ground floor was converted in 2012 to create a self contained chambre d’hôte for guests. The other barn was transformed into a separate bibliothèque.
The chambre d’hôte provides direct access from the quiet laneway (Rue de la Boucarie), and use of the atmospheric walled garden to its rear. The double doors to the front open out to spectacular views across the Cerou Valley, and the shutters and curtains allow privacy.
The original 13th century stone wall, fully re-pointed, provides an historic reminder of the medieval origins of the Maison. The quality furnishings and decor create a welcome retreat after a day exploring the cité and the region, a chance to relax in the comfort of this quality chambre d’hôte.
The vistas extend across the peaceful Cerou Valley, stretching to the distant village of Mouzieys-Panens. The scenery changes hue from season to season, from the green grains of May to the golden hay of summer, through to a riot of yellow sunflowers in July, and straw coloured heads of maize: a mesmerising patchwork of fields and homes. And if you are fortunate, you will experience the ‘sur-ciel’, and sit above the clouds as the mist swirls in the valley below.
Read reviews of the Chambre here
What you get
When you arrive in Cordes, you will be met in the lower village by our house manager Janine, who will show you to the chambre d’hôte, and make you welcome.
- Large airy bedroom with queen sized sleigh bed
- Views to the distant valley from one window, and the magical walled garden on the other
- En-suite facilities with shower
- Hanging robe ; all linen provided
- Mini kitchen with microwave oven, sink, refrigerator and coffee making facilities
- Table and chairs on the terrace for comfortable outdoor dining
- Internet access, MP3 player
- Laundry facilities are available
- Dinner is available by prior arrangement
- Rates can be found here, and the availability can be found on the calendar on the contact page.
- We are proud to have been inspected by Sawday’s, and recommended on their website.
The house next door…
If you would like to use another one or two bedrooms, La Maison des Oiseaux next door is available for rent. Please click here for details on the sister website.
Maison des Oiseaux 20 Rue de la Boucarié,
View on Map